Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mother's Little Helpers

I'm not referring to a cup of tea, a Bex and a lie down or my kid's Ritalin here. I'm referring to the things that have helped me to continue to be a mother to Lily while I battle up hill with really quite nasty morning sickness.

  • Jarred food. A couple of companies now make organic jarred food with nothing, or very little, in them other than meat and vegetables or fruit. With my approximately 3 million food and smell aversions, this has been a God send. I simply can't cook the yummy, nutrious food I want to cook her and she and I have both come to realise this is a more than acceptable alternative. She definately prefers "Only Organic" Bolognaise to mine. Traitor.
  • Maxolon. I can't live without this delightful drug. Not only does it settle my nausea, it increases my milk production, which is excellent as I was running on almost empty and Lily was feeding around 2 hourly. We're back on a much more normal feed schedule now, which is happy for me and my sore, pregnancy nipples.
  • Ginger. An excellent nautral remedy that I have tablets for. Ginger ale is nice, too.
  • Ice cubes. For over a week I couldn't drink water, so I'd suck ice cubes. It felt like Popeye and his spinach.
  • Bob. Bob has stepped up as a father. He gets up with her in the morning and dresses her, plays with her and gives her breakfast while I sleep in. He takes her at night and plays with her and showers/ baths her and gives her dinner. I couldn't do it without him.
I'm REALLY hanging out for that magic 12 week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment