Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Teeth?

Archer is teething. Well, more accurately, I THINK he's teething.

As with many children cutting their first teeth, this has been going on for some time. Drooling (which is, for the record, my most hated of things about babies. Give me cluster feeding and pooy nappies over a well chewed hand or a string of luke warm dribble any day), days of the incredible grumps, light fevers, weird nappies and exhausting sleep patterns.

But, for the last week or so, it has definately ramped up. If left to his own devices, he will soak his shirt and tummy mat in under five minutes. He chews his hand incessantly, and, for a child who normally sleeps very well, he's been sleeping awfully. He's also been chewing ME, which Lily never did and I am not a fan of. On Monday night he woke up every hour on the hour. I was sure the next day we'd have teeth. But no such luck.

They are sitting there, just below the surface, visible and tormenting me. "Haha! Here I am to rob you and Archie of your sleep and make your nipples sore."

Did I mention that I hate teething?

I hope they cut soon. I'm exhausted, Archie is not himself and I happen to think babies with teeth are much cuter.

Wish us luck and think toothy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment