Sunday, October 24, 2010

Bob pops the Question (About damn time)

Knowing that we were going to be "poor" once our house was built, and tentatively planning a baby for 2010, Bob and I decided to have one last hurrah. We were going to go to Melbourne in the June/July school holidays. Wicked and Avenue Q were showing, there was an awesome Star Wars exhibition on at the Science Centre, I wanted to take Bob on a wine tasting and of course, we both wanted to shop!

The first Saturday we were there, we decided to bust out the CC and have a really nice dinner on Laigon Street and hang the cost!

We chose a nice looking restaurant, whose name escapes me, and order entrees and pre dinner drinks. I REALLY wanted a cocktail but Bob insisted on buying champagne. Bob can usually take or leave champagne and usually likes me to enjoy a cocktail before a nice meal, so I felt bemused. Even weirder, Bob was super anxious when the entrĂ©e arrived first. He is  usually laid back, while I fume.

The glasses barely hit the table when Bob asked me to close my eyes. By now, I'm not gonna lie, I knew what was happening. He slipped the ring on the wrong finger and asked me to marry him. It was cute and he was soooooooooooooooo nervous.  I just about laughed at him instead of saying yes.

I can't remember what I ate, I do remember I drank A LOT of the free bottle of champagne they gave us, before we had to scoot off to see Avenue Q. It was a long bloody time coming, let me tell you!

The rest of the holiday was AMAZING. Wicked is the best musical ever and we are going to see again for our 1 year anniversary. The wine tour was delightful, the Star Wars exhibition lots of fun.We had to buy a second suitcase for all our purchases!

We returned home on the Friday night and by Saturday night, I had order about 50% of the big stuff for the wedding, including The Dress. But that's another story.....

No comments:

Post a Comment