Saturday, October 9, 2010

Why this blog

There are a lot of blogs that chronicle the journey of premature children and their families. Many of these blogs focus on children who have somehow been damaged because of their prematurity, or whose parents have had a long trying to concieve (TTC) journey, filled with heartache, or both. While these stories are important, this blog is about neither. It is about the joys of raising a perfect girl who just happened to be born too little!

I have felt, in my journey through Lily's prematurity, that often information available to parents is something like a Worst Case Scenario handbook, where the people that have had harrowing journeys are more likely to relate their experiences. I want people to know that having a premature baby can be an overwhelmingly joyous and rewarding experience. So that's why I'm keeping this blog.

I'll hopefully be posting about once a week, but for a little while I'll be catching up on Lily's story. From why we decided to have her through to her NICU journey, and then beyond! This means I'll be posting a little more frequently. Maybe. If the princess allows it.

No comments:

Post a Comment