Tuesday, November 2, 2010

6 Month Immunisations

Lily has always been a trooper when it comes to her immunisations. It's actually, I believe, a byproduct of her NICU time, when uncomfortable and painful things happened to her daily.

Despite not really going to pieces over her injections, she makes a noise and then settles almost instantly, she is just not herself for about 48 hours afterwards. So this morning, when she was talking, laughing and generally making sure the world knew she loves life, I felt very sad that we had to take her for her shots. I thought I wasn't going to see this happy, outgoing and joyful person for a few days.

Well, Lily, as usual, is marching to her own tune. After a quick nap to sleep the worst of it off, she woke up happy and fun and has spent the morning playing, and refusing to nap, because there is just too much to do to sleep.

In fact, as I finish this off, she has woken up from the nap I tricked her into and is lying in her bed talking and laughing at herself. What a clown!

No comments:

Post a Comment