Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tomorrow: Too far away and not far enough away

Nothing so sharply changes your sense of time as being a parent. It seems like just a heartbeat ago that Bob and I brought home an impossibly tiny baby. But it seems it was six months ago, and that tiny baby is marching her way towards toddlerhood.

This week we have put away her bassinet and bouncy chair, to join her baby bath and pram bassinet. We are just  a few short weeks away from turning her car seat around. We both needed a hug when we realised this.

At least once a day she demands to be left to her own devices and three times today she pushed my hand away and grabbed the spoon for herself, jamming it successfully into her mouth.

Sometimes I miss the tiny baby so much it takes my breath away.

Mostly, I am excited about what tomorrow holds and continuing to get to know this gorgeous little person who is cheeky, funny and impossibly intelligent (If not a little gumby).

No comments:

Post a Comment