Friday, February 11, 2011

My kid is a little vicious....

In the past couple of weeks, Lily has become a little vicious.

It's my fault, really.

One night, just after a breastfeed, Lily reached up and grabbed my nose and pulled. Her father and I both laughed our heads off, so she did it again. And then she pulled my lips, poked my eyes and yanked at my hair. It was all very funny.

Until, two weeks on, she will let out a manic laugh and attack my face, hooking her fingers into my nose and pulling, twisting my lips, gouging my eyes and tearing out my hair in great handfuls.

It hurts. My eyes water and I often am left unseeing in one or both eyes for several seconds. But the damage is done and no amount of scolding or non-reaction can fix it. Especially as her father laughs his head off whenever she does it.

It won't be as funny when she does it to some poor child on a playground. I just hope he's the one that has to scoop her up and race off, mortified, calling apologies over his shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment