Sunday, January 22, 2012

Lily's NICU Journey

One of my friends recently posted that, in her really quite pregnant state, she was having difficulty with her daughter's addiction to the movie Dumbo because of the scene with the song Baby Mine. This caused me to remember in technicolour that when Lily was in the NICU, I listened to Bette Midler's version of this song EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The day before Lily was allowed to room in, I had begun to make a video using pictures from the NICU with this song played over it. I was using it as catharsis because that day a midwife had told us that Lily wouldn't get to come home for at least another week. I was devastated. But, the very next day we were roomed in and then she came home, and I forgot my project, and I also lost the work I had done as that computer has since gone to a better place.

But, 20 months later, I decided it was time. Here it is. The video documenting Lily's NICU journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment