Monday, May 14, 2012

Lily is Two!

Lily is two and I've been going through a lot emotionally due to this. The weirdest for me was dwelling a fair bit on our NICU experience, this did not happen when she turned one, so I guess there's something subconscious with her being two that got me a bit. I feel like perhaps it's that her babyhood is really behind her.

The night before her birthday party, Bob and I sat down to make a party playlist to be played with a slideshow of pcictures from when she was born and I absolutely lost it when he played The Beatles Blackbird and Defying Gravity from Wicked. They just really resonated with me.

Our sweet little girl has come so far. From hanging on in the womb, quite literally, for dear life, to being a NICU superstar, to growing so beautifully into a little girl who amazes me every single day.

I am so proud of her, she can:
  1. Count to five without help and count to ten with help
  2. Count to five is Spanish (bloody Dora)
  3.  Consistently name blue, yellow, purple and black. Inconsistently name red and green
  4.  Identify happy from sad, big from little, hot from cold, up from down, open from closed and boy from girl
  5.  Drink from a cup and eat with a spoon and a fork
  6. Use plurals appropriately
  7. Almost walk up stairs without help
  8. Name a huge variety of animals and their noises
  9. Name most of her obvious body parts, including, if you want a giggle "fanny", "bum" and "boobies"
  10. Feed the animals at night (Dog dinnies and Cat dinnies)
  11. Follow instructions with multiple steps
  12. Swim to a "safe" place all on her own
She is compassionate, funny, sweet, persistent, intelligent, thoughtful, active and simply beautiful!




No comments:

Post a Comment